Many people think you’re just hiring someone to help you work out, however personal training is and should be a lot more than that. You should be receiving a lot more for your money.
It seems currently most personal trainers are charging for a service they do not deserve. They’re working with their clients, just making up each session as they go. With no planning, no structure and no use of a training program. This shows the level of trainer and their commitment to their client. Also when asked about nutrition they either just give some basic information at the beginning, then nothing is mentioned throughout their training. This shows a lack of knowledge and a lack of interest in progress.
Assessment is also essential to monitor progress to and track how each client is doing. This also gives the client proof of their investment and shows if anything else can be done to make further improvements.
If you are making an investment in a trainer or a company, it is your right to expect a high-quality service, especially if you are hiring a trainer for a specific goal. Not many people want to hire a trainer just throw their money away or for the social element.
So, before you make your investment in a trainer or a company to meet your goals, make sure you do your research. You need to be working with a trainer or company that provides a high level of service, support and extensive knowledge in their field. You want to be working with a professional in order to get results.
Not sure what you are looking for in a trainer? Check my list of key elements you should receive:
1. Full Assessment: You need to know where you are at before you begin any training. You should also be asked to complete a health questionnaire and a dietary review.
2. Communication: This is essential and is one of the main reasons we make such good progress with all our clients at Body Clinic. If your trainer doesn’t communicate with you between sessions, and expects to just chat for the first 15 minutes of your session to see how you are, this is not going to help with progress and shows you’re not getting value for your training time. This is why myself and all my team of trainers always remain in constant contact with our clients. Whether its a Monday check ins setting goals for the week or nutrition tips. Feedback is essential for progress and to get the best results possible.
3. Education: As well as a detailed explanation of each session your trainer should be educating you as you progress through your training program. Developing your knowledge on training, nutrition and how to make lifestyle changes to help with progress. This is also why myself and my team write weekly articles to help all our clients, members and athletes with information to help them towards their personal goal.
4. Nutrition Structure: You should always be given support and structure with your nutrition to ensure you make as much progress as possible.
4. Reassessment: You need to be assessed as you progress through your training program. This gives both the client and the trainer feedback on results and whether anything needs to be changed in order to make the most progress.
5. Enjoyment: You should be enjoying each and every session with your trainer. At no point should you be bored or being pushed so hard it is causing pain or discomfort.
I hope this article has given you all something to think about.
If you would like to speak to myself or one my expert personal trainers about your goals. Please contact me for a free consultation, just click this link: https://body-clinic.co.uk/book/
Have an awesome week everyone.
🏆 Body Clinic – Award Winning Gym